United States of America - Texas, Austin
* Serves as lead engineer on mid- to large size projects.
* Provides specialized technical input to studies and design for staff's specific area of expertise.
* Approves and signs off on work.
* Provides technical expertise for studies and design efforts.
* Presents complex technical solutions to clients.
* Performs quality control reviews of work developed by others.
* Participates in development of technical proposals.
* Provides estimates for the engineering budget and schedule to meet requirements on large projects.
BS in Engineering + 8 YORE or demonstrated equivalency of experience and or education.
Candidates require a PE Designation and will have 7-15 years of experience with conceptual and detailed design of freight and passenger railroad and rail transit alignments including profiles, cross sections, trackwork component design and layout. The ability to design complex track arrangements including turnouts, special track work and rail yards is desired.
Experienced with MIcrostation
**What We Offer**
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
**Job Category** Engineering
**Business Line** Transportation
**Business Group** Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
**Country** United States of America
**Position Status** Full-Time
**Requisition/Vacancy No.** 228465BR
**Additional Locations** US - Dallas, TX - 13355 Noel Road, US - Fort Worth, TX - 801 Cherry Street, Suite 1050
**Clearance Required** No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.