Gilbert, AZ 85142
Geotemps is recruiting for a premier U.S.-based mineral exploration and water well drilling company with our headquarters in Gilbert, AZ and offices in Elko, NV and Salt Lake City, UT. We operate a fleet of diamond core and rotary drill rigs that provide drilling and well services to the mining, water and energy markets. This client has grown to become a preferred drilling contractor for some of the largest mining companies in North America. We pride ourselves on safe, efficient production and are an industry leader in drilling safety and drilling equipment safety innovations.
We have the assets, the talent, the reputation and the financial strength to provide an attractive and rewarding career. They are currently looking for mechanics in/around Gilbert, AZ with hydraulic and heavy equipment experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Repair and replace damaged or worn out parts
• Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment in order to diagnose defects
• Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs, using engine diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices
• Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools
• Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles
• Examine parts for damage or excessive wear using micrometers and gauges
• Schedule maintenance for industrial machines and equipment and keep equipment service records
• Read and understand operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings
• Weld or solder broken parts and structural members using electric or gas welders and soldering tools
• Fabricate needed parts or items as required
• Inspecting equipment, structures or material
• Performs other related duties as required and assigned
• Able to pass a drug screen, background check and pulmonary function test
• Prefer to live in/around Elko, NV (6 hour driving radius)
• Able to lift 100 lbs.
• Must have a good driving record and a valid driver’s license
• Must have 2 years of experience as a mechanic in mining and/or heavy equipment, OR
• A new graduate trained on heavy equipment with hydraulics
• Welding and fabricating experience is preferred
• Must be willing to travel and work in remote locations
** Geotemps, Inc. has deemed this position as safety-sensitive. All conditional employees must pass a pre-employment drug screen which includes the testing for marijuana. Pursuant to Nevada AB 132, Nevada employees are not exempt from this screening for safety-sensitive positions.
1820 E River Rd #113