• Performs work in support of the collection, processing, storage, and cataloguing of geological samples, ensuring consistency and quality control
• Participates in mandatory and necessary training as required
• Maintains acute and continuous awareness of site bulletins and environment such as road conditions, activities, and restrictions, and takes proactive steps to ensure the safety of all employees, contractors, and vendors in accordance with HSS program standards
• Advises Supervisor of any work being performed involving movement of containers or heavy equipment, and any unsafe conditions
• Collaborates with project and exploration geology teams in the acquisition of geological data
• Participates in professional development activities
• Participates in regular one-on-one review meetings with supervisor(s)
• Attends and participates in all relevant site meetings
• Interacts with vendors for the delivery of equipment and materials and collection of geological samples for processing
• Maintains regulatory compliance for all field and site-based activities as directed by the environmental team
• Reports on the status of all team projects and activities on a timely and regular basis
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• The employee is regularly required to stand, bend and twist, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, talk or hear, and reach above the shoulder with hands and arms.
• Physically capable of sitting or standing, shoveling and performing other types of physical work for long periods of time.
• Must be willing to travel to worksite on their own.
• Must be familiar with Microsoft office (Word, Excel).
• Must be able to lift and carry repetitively up to 75-lbs throughout
• The employee is frequently required to walk on uneven or slippery surfaces.
• Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Good eye-to-hand coordination is essential.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• The employee may be exposed to high precarious places.
• The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles.
• The employee is required to wear and use the proper safety equipment, including steel toed boots.
• The employee is occasionally exposed to caustic chemicals and vibration.
• The noise level in the work environment is frequently loud.
• The employee may be exposed to hazards inherent to surface mining and milling operations.
• The employee may work in extremely hot or extremely cold; wet or dry environmental conditions.
Disclaimer: Although Geotemps, Inc. has attempted to accurately and thoroughly describe this position, Geotemps, Inc. reserves the right to change the same, including to change, add to or subtract from the duties outlined, within the sole discretion of Geotemps, Inc., at any time, with or without advanced notice.
Employment at Geotemps, Inc. is at-will and may be terminated at the will of either Geotemps, Inc. or the employee, at any time, with or without cause or notice. The at-will nature of the employment relationship also gives Geotemps, Inc. the right to make changes to its benefits, policies, and procedures, as well as employee compensation, generally without employee consent or notice, unless otherwise required by law. The at-will employment status of each employee cannot be altered by any verbal agreement or alleged verbal agreement. It can only be changed by a legally binding, written contract covering employment status.