The successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties: Provide a strong contribution to the site safety culture and programs, encouraging and ensuring others do the same. Work with mining crews, mine supervision, and drilling crews to maintain a safe working environment. Under the guidance of the Senior Drilling Geologist, monitor QAQC data for drilling and production samples, as well as validate the geological and assay database using Acquire Software. The successful candidate will also complete the date base rebuild, monthly reconciliation and stope performance using VULCAN mining software and correlate it with existing date; complete geological logging of underground diamond core and RC chips, assist with other geological studies as necessary and prepare routine reports as assigned.
• Must have Current Surface MSHA
• Must have Bachelors of Science degree in Geology or related field
• Must have 3 years’ experience in mining
• Must have an Excellent safety record.
• Ability to work within a team environment and possess excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Pervious working in logging diamond core and RC chips highly preferred
• Familiar with Acquire Software an advantage
• Candidates must be able to stand for long periods of time.
• Candidate must be able to lift 50 pounds repeatedly throughout the day.
• Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
• Required PPE: steel toed boots, hard hat, safety vest, work gloves, and ear protection.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• The employee is regularly required to stand, bend and twist, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, talk or hear, and reach above the shoulder with hands and arms.
• Physically capable of sitting or standing, shoveling and performing other types of physical work for long periods of time.
• The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, kneel, crouch, crawl, walk and sit.
• Must be able to lift and carry repetitively up to 75 -lbs. through a 10-12 hour shift.
• The employee regularly performs repetitive work involving use of hands and wrists.
• The employee is frequently required to walk on uneven or slippery surfaces.
• Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Good eye-to-hand coordination is essential.
Geotemps, Inc. is a drug free employer and requires post job offer and random screening and/or testing of employees. Drug and alcohol screening/testing will be required for misconduct, reasonable suspicion, post-accident, and violations of safety or public policy.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• The employee may be exposed to high precarious places.
• The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles.
• The employee may be required to climb a ladder.
• The employee is required to wear and use the proper safety equipment, including steel toed boots and respiratory protection, and techniques to insure the employee’s safety and safety of others.
• The employee is occasionally exposed to caustic chemicals and vibration.
• The noise level in the work environment is frequently loud.
• The employee may be exposed to hazards inherent to surface mining and milling operations.
• The employee may work in extremely hot or extremely cold; wet or dry environmental conditions.
• The employee is regularly required to work 10-12 hour shifts.
**All Geotemps employment is contingent on Drug Screen and Criminal Background screening results.
** Geotemps, Inc. has deemed this position as safety-sensitive. All conditional employees must pass a pre-employment drug screen which includes the testing for marijuana. Pursuant to Nevada AB 132, Nevada employees are not exempt from this screening for safety-sensitive positions.**