Murphy, ID 83650
Driller Helper/Third Hand: Collect the drill hole samples and record them per the mining company's instructions and assist the driller and driller helper.
• Know the mining company requirements for sampling.
• Have adequate supplies on hand to contain the sample.
• Record, tag and log the sample correctly.
• Adequately split samples to specifications for each sample bag. Each bag is 30 inches by 16 inches and can weigh up to 25 pounds.
• Maintain and clean sampling devise on a regular basis.
• Assist the driller and driller helper in whatever way they deem necessary to effectively
complete the job at hand.
• Addition jobs that may be required but not limited to: maintenance of the drill rig or auxiliary trucks, movement of equipment to the next location, packing up and cleaning of the job site, loading of materials or tools used, assisting the process of laying down drill rods, and making connections coming out of the hole.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Minimum of High School diploma or equivalent.
• MSHA training and updating.
• General understanding of mechanics and engine maintenance.
• Must be able to understand written mining company requirements for sampling and keep
• Additional lifting, ability to lift 50-100 pounds.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• All Geotemps employment is contingent on drug screen and criminal background results.